Chinese/Japanese Character Problem Fixed?


It appears that the kses we’re using is a little too enthusiastic about what it removes and is causing problems for some of the users of WordPress.com. This Geeklog thread and bug report shows we’re not the only ones suffering from this so I removed the line mentioned.

If this problem affected you, can you give it a whirl again and leave a comment here with your good or bad experiences?

8 thoughts on “Chinese/Japanese Character Problem Fixed?”

  1. Thank you, Donnhca. I think the problem is solved.

    I just tried to input some Chinese characters that I know would not show correctly if the problem still exists. It turns out to be all right. Thanks again.

  2. :D I’ve just posted about 15 chinese characters which couldn’t be displayed in my site, and all of them can be displayed correctly now. :D
    Thank you for your fixing again and again! :D

  3. Esli Vy chitaete eto soobshenie znachit vasha gostevaya, forum ili blog popali v spamerskii spisok rassylok. Chtoby udalit’ svoi resurs iz etogo spiska prishlite ego url na email: antyspam@bk.ru Eto v vashih zhe interesah. Vse eshe mozhno popravit’. Nam nuzhny tol’ko zabroshennye resursy. Esli vash eshe razvivaetsya – my ostavim ego v pokoe.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s