Edit: A faq blog has been set up now so check out the faq entries there as they’ll be kept up to date!
Everyone’s asking these:
- Can I edit my theme/template? Unfortunately no, here’s why!
- Can I import the current theme from my own site? No, for the same reason as above. It’s untrusted code that we haven’t verified.
- Where are the plugins? How do I activate them? We don’t support plugins currently. We don’t have time to support 3rd party code.
- The link manager is broken. I know, we’re working on it, sorry for the inconvenience!
- Language Support? It’s broken at the moment but it’s a priority.
- Custom permalinks? Working on it, there are several Japanese and Korean blogs here already and they have to enter the titles of their posts in English which is not acceptable.
- The referer page displays UTC times. I know, that needs to be changed.
- Bloglines can’t read my feed. We think Bloglines are having some problems right now, but load your feed into your browser or another aggregator to verify that it’s working.
- Image Management, what have I uploaded? Uploading is being revamped right now, and will be much better!
- My favourite theme doesn’t have a calendar, proper blogroll or X function. Not all themes were created equal! If you want to suggest new themes make sure they support every WordPress function that everyone will want. Impossible eh?
- What version of WordPress is running here? The very latest one! Unfortunately there are still bugs in both WordPress and WordPress MU, but they’re being fixed and new features added every day.
- How do I contact you? In the Dashboard click on “Feedback” and enter your question or comment. Be nice too please!
- What’s next? Oh, lots of goodies!
- The Feedback button, rich text editor, AJAX stuff doesn’t work in Opera. Can you fix them? We’re aware of this, but we don’t have the resources to fix those problems right now. If you’re a passionate Opera user please help us to help you by sending a patch to any of the usual addresses.